[OpenMap Users] getItemsForMapMenu() not working with multiple layers.

From: Davidian <kroberts_at_syrres.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

Please hear me out, I've read the other posts on this subject, but they don't
seem to be addressing the same exact problem.

I have two layers that extend OMGraphicHandlerLayer (let's call them layer
Alpha and layer Beta). In both of these layers I have overridden the
getItemsForMapMenu() method and return a List of JMenuItem objects from
each.

The problem is, when I right click on a spot on the map the popup menu that
is displayed only contains the menu items for one of the layers (Alpha), not
both. If I remove the Alpha layer from the map, the menu items for Beta are
displayed in the popup menu.

NOTE: This is not a problem with the mouse events being consumed by the
Alpha layer. I have put debug (System.out calls) in the getItemsForMapMenu
method in the Beta layer, and when I right click on the map I see a menu
with the menu items from the Alpha layer, but the System.out calls are
getting written out from the Beta layer.

So, how do I make my right click menu contain the menu items from all of my
layers (in this case, Alpha and Beta)?

Thanks in advance...

-Kennedy