[OpenMap Users] Re: ShapeFile that contains only Point

From: Alessio Iannone <alessio_iannone_at_yahoo.it>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 17:02:02 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Don, I will send you as soon as possible the shape file...for what i know the coordinate are in lat lons but i am not sure if theme are in WGS84 format....I have to check it...now I am playing with a my version of a LabelDeclutterMatrix used to declutter the label of the Road....I have tried to use the DeclutterMatrix but i have no guarantee that the next available position will still be displayed on top of the road so I am investigating a different approach....I Have also integrated the OMTracingLabeler of Andreassen to get the text displaying along the path of the road.... I have also done other several mod that i would like to submit to you for a critical review as soon as possible Best Regards Alessio Iannone. Alessio Iannone Software Engineer Mobile: 39 329 8834960 Email: alessio.iannone_at_nextant.it IM: quonn77_at_hotmail.com (AIM) http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessioiannone Web sites of the Martial Arts I play Nextant - Navcomm Applications Via Alessandro Noale See who we know in common Want a signature like this? ----- Messaggio originale ----- Da: Don Dietrick <dietrick@bbn.com> A: Alessio Iannone <alessio_iannone@yahoo.it> Cc: OpenMapUsers <openmap-users@bbn.com> Inviato: Martedì 29 aprile 2008, 18:40:25 Oggetto: Re: ShapeFile that contains only Point Hi Alessio, I'm not aware of a problem displaying point shape files. Do you know if the coordinates of the points are lat/lons, or are they meters (pre- projected data)? I'll take a look at the file if you want to mail it to me. Cheers, Don On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Alessio Iannone wrote: > Hi all i have a shape file that contains only point.... how can I > render them with openmap?....I have tried in the usual way (Using or > ShapeLayer or BufferedShapeLayer and setting pointImageURL > properties). > Debugging the code I have also found that the intersects test in the > SpatialIndex fail....but this is not correct....because using other > viewer like shapeViewer at http://www.shapeviewer.com the shape file > is displayed.....I have also tried the ExampleApplication class in > openmap repository....nothing....any Hints? I could share the shape > file is just 1Mb (210Kb of Shape and 800Kb of DBF). > > P.S. > I have developed an enanchment that bufferize the DBF of a Shape > File (at the moment it is in very simple stage), with this mod I am > able to have good performance in rendering road network shape and > applying on them different rendering style according to dbf > field....as soon as it is ready i will share it. > > Best Regards. > Alessio Iannone > Software Engineer > > Mobile: 39 329 8834960 > Email: alessio.iannone@nextant.it > IM: quonn77@hotmail.com (AIM) > http://www.linkedin.com/in/alessioiannone > Web sites of the Martial Arts I play > > Nextant - Navcomm Applications > Via Alessandro Noale > See who we know in common > Want a signature like this? > > > Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. > La casella di posta intelligente. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Don Dietrick, dietrick@bbn.com BBN Technologies, Cambridge MA =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Inviato da Yahoo! Mail. La casella di posta intelligente. http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html