[OpenMap Users] DTED Data won't display on layer

From: Davidian <kroberts_at_syrres.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 07:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hello again,

I am creating a DTEDLayer and for some reason the data is not showing up on
the layer. The layer is getting created and added to the map ok, but I see
the following error in the log:

DTEDLayer: scale (1:1.16705688E8) is smaller than minimum (1:2.0E7) allowed.

I have a feeling this might be a generic "catch all" error because when I
point to a directory that has nothing in it, I get the same error.

Anyway, here is the code snippet where I create the layer.

String[] paths = new String[1];
paths[0] = "C:\\Imagery\\DTED\\DTED\\E114\\";

DTEDLayer layer = new DTEDLayer(paths);
layer.setName("DTED Data");
mMapHandler.add(layer);

Note: When I look at a specific file in the E114 directory (ex: N30.DT1)
using the DTEDFrame class, it works correctly. I can actually see the data
for that frame that I would expect to show up on the map.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kennedy