[OpenMap Users] OMGraphicList or OMGeometryList for Composite Graphic?

From: Adams Tan <nikida78_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:56:15 +0800

A little background on what I am doing first...

I am extending the Location class, but I chose to use a Composite Graphic as
the location marker.

For a start, I need to insert an OMRect and an OMRaster into the Composite.

Initially, I tried to use OMGeometryList as the marker, however I realise
somehow call super.render() doesn't show the OMRaster. Hence, I used
OMGraphicList and presto, it came out. I looked up the source code of
OMGeometryList and its seems that getShape() doesn't return null, hence, it
will not iterate through the list and render the graphics inside. However, I
am puzzled why the OMRect appeared!

Anyway, anyone has an Insight of when I should use OMGeometryList, and when
OMGraphicList... and why the OMRaster doesn't get rendered in the case of
OMGeometryList.

On a side note, I tried to call setVisible on the OMRect to false before
doing the rendering, it doesn't seems to have any effect, any idea?

Thank you.