[OpenMap Users] Additional DTEDLayer questions/problems.

From: Davidian <kroberts_at_syrres.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:36:36 -0700 (PDT)

I've posted previously with questions as to why a DTEDLayer I was creating
was not showing up in the map. That was a few weeks ago. Well, I've still
yet to get it to work, so I'm back for more help. :)

One of the solutions posted in response to my other post was "you're not
zoomed to the right level. Zoom in/out".

Well, I don't think that's it. As an experiment I created a DTEDLayer using
the no-arg constructor in that class and added that layer to my map. When I
zoom in/out and hit a certain threshold I see the following console message:

"DTEDLayer: scale (1:4.492714E7) is smaller than minimum (1:2.0E7) allowed."

Well, since I never passed any data to the layer, this message is obviously
not generated by me zooming in/out passed the visible level of the layer's
data. Which leads me to two questions:

1) If the data were to be working (i.e., displaying on the map) it appears
that this message would be spit out when I zoomed in/out passed the
threshold. That seems really bad. I can see my log files getting clogged
up pretty quickly since it happens with every projection change that is
outside the accepted range. Shoudn't it be the case that the data displays
when you are in its range, and doesn't when you are not. I don't see a need
to log this message constantly.

2) How do I get my DTED data to display? I can't figure it out. If someone
could point me to or send me some DTED data that is known to be good, and
tell me exactly what directory I need to point to when I pass the path to
the DTEDLayer constructor, that would help a lot. At least I would get me
started.

Thanks again everyone.

-Kennedy