Re: [OpenMap Users] Additional DTEDLayer questions/problems.

From: Mike Lackey <mr.blutarski_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:10:37 -0500

Kennedy,

Insure that the path points to "the DTED directory". This is a folder
which should contain nothing but subfolders (subdirectories). The
subfolders follow a naming convention:
----------------------

Subdirectory Naming

Within the DTED directory, there is a subdirectory for each
longitude containing cells. The subdirectory name format is:
<E/W>DDD
where DDD is degrees. For example, the subdirectory name for
DTED files contained between the meridians 127E and 128E would
be: E127

File Naming

The DTED cell file name format is: <N/S>DD.DT1 where DD is
degrees. For example, the file name for a DTED cell whose
southwest corner is 38N and 127E would be:

     N38.DT1, or starting from the root, \DTED\E127\N38.DT1

Try setting all the DTED-related paths to "the DTED directory". I'm
not sure if using a forward slash or a backward slash in the path will
matter. IIRC, the most common problems I experienced were incorrect
path and invalid map center/scale.

Hope it helps.

Mike