[OpenMap Users] BufferedLayer occasionally fails to repaint in version 4.6.4

From: <john.kimball_at_att.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 21:34:41 +0000

I have an OpenMap-based application that uses a BufferedLayer containing a GraticuleLayer and two ScaleFilterLayer instances, each containing ShapeLayers, one with edges/boundaries and the other with filled areas of political regiions..

When zooming in and out the BufferedLayer occasionally (1 time in 10?) fails to repaint, and only the map background and our custom graphics are shown.

The application did not exhibit this behavior in version 4.6 with the same layers and layer configuration.

Removing the component layers from the BufferedLayer and displaying them separately solves the failure to repaint problem, but map update rates for our graphics are unacceptable.

Anyone have any suggestions?