RE: [OpenMap Users] BufferedLayer occasionally fails to repaint in version 4.6.4

From: <john.kimball_at_att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:26:24 +0000

Ben;

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like your change is already included in version 4.6.4.

John
 -------------- Original message from "Weisburd, Ben" <benw_at_ll.mit.edu>: --------------

John,

I had a similar problem a while ago and hadto change a line inside BufferedLayer.projectionChanged(com.bbn.openmap.event.ProjectionEventpe).

The original was
       mapBean.setProjection(proj);

I changed this to
       mapBean.setProjection(proj == null? proj : proj.makeClone());

I think there is a threading issue where,if you trigger many projectionChanged events one after the other, mapBean will sometimesmutate the projection object before the BufferedLayer has processed theprevious projection event. I don’t remember exactly why this was aproblem, but it had something to do with the layer deciding that the newprojection was the same as the one it had before, and ignoring the projectionevent.

-Ben

PS. I’m attaching the changed file.