Re: [OpenMap Users] Update my layer.

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:07:51 -0400

Hi Guillaume,

It depends on how you are managing the OMGraphicList of the layer when
it gets a projection change. This is handled by the
ProjectionChangePolicy (for OMGraphicHandlerLayers). The
ListResetPCPolicy clears out the list before the prepare() method is
called, so that the layer doesn't render OMGraphics at their old
location before the prepare() method is finished. The StandardPCPolicy
leaves the list alone and makes sure the prepare() method is called to
call generate(...) on the list with the new Projection.

It sounds like you should do something in between -- you probably want
to generate the existing OMRasterObject containing the google image with
the new projection, so it gets moved to the right location, and then
call prepare() to retrieve the new image for the new projection,
replacing the new old image with the new one once it arrives. You could
do this by writing a new ProjectionChangePolicy object and setting it on
the layer.