Re: [OpenMap Users] CADRG progjection skews around scale 1:50000

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:39:28 -0400

Hi Diane,

It looks like those range rings in your images were created with radii
defined in decimal degrees/radians. They look the same, relative to
the graticule lines, in the two images. You'd get different results
for different latitudes if the range rings were drawn based on ground
distance.

The CADRG projection is a funny thing. The pixel/degree spacings
change depending on which zone you are in, and the projection tries to
figure out which zone settings are best for a given area. As the
scale changes, the zone might change, which leads to differences in
appearance.