[OpenMap Users] many open .dbf-files

From: Tore Halset <halset_at_pvv.ntnu.no>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:13:48 +0200

Hello.

I am serving some ShapeLayers with OpenMap WMS. The ShapeLayer keeps
open file pointers to the .dbf-files. For OpenLayers clients that send
away 30-40 requests at the same time, this becomes a problem pretty
quick.

My current fix is to read in the complete .dbf instead of keeping an
open file pointer. This is working fine for me as the .dbf-files are
all less than 10KB.

Any way better to fix this issue? How should it be fixed in OpenMap if
there is anything to fix?

Regards,
  - Tore.