[OpenMap Users] openmap vs WorldWind

From: Schreiner, Timothy <tjs_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:36:07 -0400

We are starting a new mapping project and discussing the merits of using BBN's Openmap or NASA's World Wind. I don't know if anyone has seen a comparison of the two APIs, but if you have or if you have thoughts about this, I'd love to hear about them.

We will be drawing 3-4 layers of dots on our base map of satellite imagery and have another layer that displays video frames. We will be building a time slider and vcr-like control to allow our user's to visualize this data over time.

Tim Schreiner
MIT Lincoln Laboratory