[OpenMap Users] MakeToc problem?

From: Dan Goldberg <dan_at_orca1.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:32:59 -0700

Hi,

We previously had MakeToc working fine and haven't actually generated an
A.TOC in a while. But, when we try to use MakeToc now it says no RPF frames
were found. I tried setting -Ddebug.maketoc and -Ddebug.binaryfile and it
appears as though the problem is in MakeToc::organizeFrames at the line that
checks 'if (fn.length() != 12)'. That line of code seems to suggest that the
filename has to be 12 characters long in 8.3 notation - and that it is
expecting the filename to not include the path. However, the
BinaryBufferedFile, which creates a BinaryFile, which creates a
FileInputReader is getting its name from the absolute path of the file. So,
it would appear as though the path would always be part of the filename.

Does anyone know if anything changed regarding this behavior in OpenMap
4.6.4? We haven't actually tried creating an A.TOC in a while so I'm not
sure when it stopped working (for us at least).

Thanks for any help,

Dan.