Re: [OpenMap Users] Re: WGS-84 Projections for ESRI Shapefiles

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:32:52 -0400

Hi Michael,

The projection object in the EsriShapeExport doesn't do what you think
it does. It is used by the export process to covert certain
OMGraphics (circles, rectangles) into polygons, which are supported by
the Shape file format.

WGS-84 isn't really a projection, it's datum. Your client wants the
coordinates in decimal degree lat/lon values that represent
coordinates in the WGS-84 datum. What coordinate system and datum are
they in now? The .proj file should have that information.