Re: [OpenMap Users] Generate my Own CADRG

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 17:08:06 -0500

My initial gut feeling is that this would be hard to do. The RPF
binary data structure is pretty complicated - attribute sections,
color table sections, compression tables, subtile image sections, and
the image to pixel ratios are defined for different scales, and the
sections are all referenced within itself. There might be a way to
write out valid RPF images without compression sections and a
different color table and some of the attributes missing, but I would
also expect the RPF code in OpenMap might not deal with them so well,
as I haven't tested the code with image data like that. You can look
at RpfFrame to get an idea of what the frames look like.

- Don