[OpenMap Users] Custom SelectMouseMode

From: <adam.brightwell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:06:55 +0000

My goal is to implement a SelectMouseMode that will allow me to do the
following:

1) Draw a rectangle around graphics on the map I would like to select.

2) Select individual graphics by double-clicking them.

3) Edit (use grab points) on editable graphics when graphic is selected.

I have made the following progress:

1) Can draw rectangle and select graphics.

2) Can select graphics with double-click.

My problems surround using the grab points. When "pressing" the mouse
button on a grab point and dragging, the mouse does not interact with the
grab point it starts drawing the rectangle again due to the logic
associated with the mouse being clicked once. I am essentially following
the steps from the NavMouseMode to draw the rectangle and sub-classing
SelectMouseMode. See below. Any suggestions?

public void mousePressed(MouseEvent e) {
boolean isMapBean = (e.getSource() instanceof MapBean);
e.getComponent().requestFocus();

if (isMapBean) {
if (isMapBean && e.getClickCount() == 1) {
point1 = e.getPoint();
point2 = null;
} else if (e.getClickCount() == 2) {
mouseSupport.fireMapMousePressed(e);