[OpenMap Users] Disappearing layers in simple mod of learn/InteractionLayer example

From: <Kevin.Buckley_at_mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:44:49 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi there,

Firstly, I am pretty new to all this.

I have been slowly building up my experience of OpenMap having first seen
its capabilities in the GEE software from the Univ of Southern Carolina.

I managed to get a simple representation of some static data displayed on
a map using a class that extended Layer, after the SimpleMap
examples, overlayed onto a ShapeLayer.

I then moved on to trying to display the data from within a class that
extends OMGraphicHandlerLayer, as well as allowing for the data to be
access from an external HTTP channel. Sucess on some fronts but not all.

I have basically taken the InteractionLayer.java example and modified it
to access my data however, along with NEVER having seen any ToolTip pop-up
appear when moving the mouse over any graphic I have placed in my layer,
and whilst I do get the Menu Pop-ups both for the map layer and for the
graphics, I have been seening an intermittent problem with the displaying
of the underlying ShapeLayer in that it often does not appear.

More worryingly, given the simplicity (?) of what I am trying to do, on
occasions when the ShapeLayer does appear, I have seen a number of
different swathes of error messages implying problems occuring in
classes outside of those which I have created, two examples of which I
include below, one a assertSize and one suggesting a failure to find the
Length class - I have also seen a failure to find the GreatCircle class
mentioned but did not save that error message block at the time.

I am sure I am doing something wrong but am finding it hard to track down
exactly what.

Do the included error messages indicate a known OpenMap gotcha to those in
the know, or suggest some other way to troubleshoot the issue to those who
have shot troubles in the past.

Compiling against OpenMap 4.6.4.

Happy to place two source code files where they can be accessed if anyone's
interested.

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971
 Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/bbn/openmap/proj/Length
        at com.bbn.openmap.omGraphics.OMCircle.<init>(OMCircle.java:120)
at NZStationLayer3.createEvent(NZStationLayer3.java:117)
        at NZStationLayer3.createGraphics(NZStationLayer3.java:179) at
NZStationLayer3.init(NZStationLayer3.java:232)
        at NZStationLayer3.prepare(NZStationLayer3.java:198)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.StandardRenderPolicy.prepare(StandardRenderPolicy.java:99)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.OMGraphicHandlerLayer$LayerWorker.construct(OMGraphicHandlerLayer.java:695)
        at com.bbn.openmap.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:127) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Exception in thread "Thread-3" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com/bbn/openmap/layer/shape/SpatialIndex$Entry
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.SpatialIndex.readIndexFile(SpatialIndex.java:660)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.SpatialIndex.entryIterator(SpatialIndex.java:591)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.SpatialIndex.getOMGraphics(SpatialIndex.java:505)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.ShapeLayer.prepare(ShapeLayer.java:486)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.StandardRenderPolicy.prepare(StandardRenderPolicy.java:99)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.OMGraphicHandlerLayer$LayerWorker.construct(OMGraphicHandlerLayer.java:695)
        at com.bbn.openmap.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:127) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
com.bbn.openmap.io.FormatException: assertSize IOException: null
        at
com.bbn.openmap.io.BinaryBufferedFile.assertSize(BinaryBufferedFile.java:187)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.io.BinaryBufferedFile.readInteger(BinaryBufferedFile.java:464)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape.EsriGraphicFactory.makeEsriGraphicFromRecord(EsriGraphicFactory.java:209)
        at
com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.SpatialIndex.getOMGraphics(SpatialIndex.java:512)