[OpenMap Users] Alternate World File for Image Tile Layer?

From: Chris Allport <callport_at_dtiweb.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:29:38 -0500

The documentation for World File indicates that it receives information in the following format:
- <the dimension of a pixel in map units in the x direction>
- <rotation term for row>
- <rotation term for column>
- <the dimension of a pixel in map units in the y direction>
- <the x coordinate of the center of pixel 1,1 (upper-left pixel)>
- <the y coordinate of the center of pixel 1,1 (upper-left pixel)>

The sample values are indicative of what I get in my world file when I purchase the image from an online source.

However, when I use this file in my application (CADRG projection), it does not show up. The image appears if I change the format to:
- x scale of image
- rotation about x-axis
- rotation about y-axis
- y scale of image
- top left latitude coordinate in decimal degrees
- top left longitude coordinate in decimal degrees

Of course, I lose the dimension and rotation parameters and my image is no longer properly registered.

I am just wondering if there are any tips or tools within OpenMap that might help me, or if I am doing something else very wrong and need to fix.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Chris

--
Chris Allport