[OpenMap Users] Map doesn't repaint sometimes when pan or zoom happens

From: Jay D. Askren <jda_at_quantumleap.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 16:10:03 -0500

We have embedded Open Map 4.6.4 in our application and are noticing the
esri layers on the map do not get repainted some times when zooming
in/out or panning. We are using JDK 5 on Windows XP. The bug has been
noticed on a very speedy dual core machine as well as a pretty ancient
single core machine. Here's how we define one of the layers:

unitedStates.class=com.bbn.openmap.plugin.esri.EsriPlugIn
unitedStates.prettyName=US
unitedStates.shp=gis/us/states.shp
unitedStates.shx=gis/us/states.shx
unitedStates.dbf=gis/us/states.dbf
unitedStates.lineColor=ff6b6b6b
unitedStates.fillColor=ff87CE6B
unitedStates.background=true

We have three or four other layers which are defined the same way that
also don't repaint. Either they all repaint properly or none of them
repaint. However, our custom layer which is not a background layer does
repaint. So, maybe 1 in 20 times zooming in and out, the entire map
just disappears, but our custom layer is still visible.

I'm guessing that this bug may be related to the following post to the
email list:
http://openmap.bbn.com/mailArchives/openmap-users/2008-07/5857.html

It doesn't appear that this was ever resolved though.

Jay Askren
Senior Software Developer
Quantum Leap Innovations