Re: [OpenMap Users] Setting the scale of Pan

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:53:11 -0500

Hi Emily,

There's a disconnect with the NavigatePanel and the PanFactor it is
supposed to use - the panel never actually uses the pan factor. It's
a rather old disconnect, unfortunately.

The problem is that the PanFactor is defined as percentage of screen
to move. The calls that it makes need the pan value to be in decimal
degrees. We've never written a generic translator for all projection
types to cross the line for those different definitions. The reason
it works now is that the projections have a default method for
handling pans when no distance is given.

Actually, I've just thought of a solution to this, after all these
years - the NavigatePanel needs to be a ProjectionListener and
maintain a copy of the projection to use for these calculations, so it
can do that translation based on the map size and some inverse
projection calculations. I'll try to get this in the next release.

Sorry about this,

Don