Re: [OpenMap Users] creating raster elevation data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:39:35 -0500

Hi Tore,

Even if you want to create images of the elevation data, I'd still
start with the OMGrid object, using OMGridData objects with a
SlopeGenerator (or other GridGenerator that will create the image you
want). The SlopeGenerator creates an OMRaster, and you can get the
image from that. With that image, you can use one the
com.bbn.openmap.image.ImageFormatters to create the encoded bytes for
an image file.

OpenMap doesn't have a bil image formatter, but you could use a jpg/
png/gif with a world file to get the same effect.

So you can do this, and most of the code is there.