[OpenMap Users] OpenMap 4.6.5 has been released!

From: OpenMap Support <openmap_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:48:38 -0500

Hi Everybody,

As the subject line states, OpenMap 4.6.5 has been released. This is
basically a bug fix update with some new features, and the change log
is available here: (http://openmap.bbn.com/CHANGELOG).

The next release, OpenMap 5.0, is scheduled for next Friday, March
14th. The version number is bumping up to 5 because the API is going
to be changing, and won't be entirely compatible with code written for
the 4.6 branch. I'll be making a beta release in the next couple of
days, and I'll be including code examples of how to make modifications
to your code to make it work with OpenMap 5.0. As an example, the
LatLonPoint object was changed to extend Point2D, and the projections
are based on Point2D. This change slightly affects code in layers
that interact with the projection - import statements may need to be
modified along with calls to the Projection.inverse() methods.

OpenMap 5.0 will also be available via SVN next week. This change
makes it easier for us to mirror the repository behind the BBN
firewall, and should translate to more frequent releases. We're also
setting up a Hudson autobuild that will create a beta zip file that is
regularly updated whenever changes are made.

We have an openmap twitter account (http://twitter.com/openmap), and
we're going to be using it as well for developer notices - release
notifications, descriptions of updates to the repository and any other
OpenMap information that can be crammed into 140 characters.

Thanks to everyone using OpenMap, and to those who contribute changes,
feedback, bug reports and fixes.