[OpenMap Users] Displaying a more detailed world image at an increased zoom level(Projection)

From: Melvin, Derek R <derek.r.melvin_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:55:44 -0600

Hello OpenMap Support and users,

I have been using OpenMap for about a year and I must say I enjoy
working with the OpenMap API. I haven't had any problems filling any of
my requirements till now. I am using the EarthImagePlugin class to
display a detailed world image. What I would like to do is to zoom into
a specific area and display a more detailed image of that area, so
instead of one large earth image I would like to break it up into
sections similar to what is shown here
http://veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov//7104/readme.pdf
<http://veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov/7104/readme.pdf> on page 2. I have
tried many different approaches to this using the OpenMap API and cannot
come up with a good solution. Below are some solutions that I came up
with. If anybody has experience in doing this or could point me in the
right direction that would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

Solutions:

- Create an OMGraphicHandlerLayer and add all images to the
OMGraphicList as OMScalingRaster objects.

o Issues: These files are very detailed and very large. I can only
load 1 image using this technique before I see on OutOfMemory exception.

- Create a CSVTiledImagePlugin layer and add all the images via
csv file.

o Issues: Only one file can be read (one line in the CSV file) before
I see a message that complains about the layer being out of memory. When

Any ideas or guidance at this point would be great. Thanks again.