Re: [OpenMap Users] Displaying a more detailed world image at an increased zoom level(Projection)

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 01:42:51 -0400

Hi Derek,

I've just checked in the com.bbn.openmap.omGraphics.OMWarpingImage
into the svn repository on the website. That OMGraphic does what the
EarthImagePlugIn does, but for any image. This class is only
available in the OM5 release, which is in beta and will be shortly
released. The svn repository is at http://openmap.bbn.com/svn/openmap/trunk
.

Since the images will have a standard naming convention, I would
extend OMGraphicHandlerLayer to create a layer that loaded the images
needed at a given area. I would also break the images up into
standard sized tiles (pixel-wise), and create different tile sets for
different scales (like google maps).

I'd also increase the java memory heap size using the -Xmx<size>m java
flag at runtime.