Re: [OpenMap Users] Prevent a layer from being loaded

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:33:12 -0400

Hi Adams,

You can programmatically tell the LayerHandler to add and remove
layers from your application. You could also create an OMComponent,
added to the openmap.components property, that figures out what 'role'
user is being served and organize the layers for that role, working
with the LayerHandler.

Incidentally, the LayerHandler.getLayers(...) method is static, and
can be used by other components to create a Layer[] from a properties
object and a set of marker names. So, your component could have
several '.layers' properties defined, and just call that method to
create the set you need.