[OpenMap Users] force redraw and wait

From: F.Bayliss <bayliss_at_alcatel-lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 09:05:04 -0400

Hi,

Is there a way to wait for the layers to finish redrawing?
I've been working on letting the user grab the map and drag it. I'm
doing this by swapping the visible panel containing the map with a panel
that contains a buffered image of the map. Then, when they're done I set
the new center of the map and display the panel containing the map. The
problem is the map is redrawing in a thread and the map in the old
position is shown before the process is complete. So I thought if there
was a way to wait on the setCenter() it would work. But as I write this
I'm thinking the correct way is to register as a listener (type?) and
receive notification that the redraw is done, then display the panel.
Comments? Help?

Thanks
Frank