[OpenMap Users] Issues with OpenMap in a jar file

From: Mulone <andrea.ballatore_at_ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everybody,
I've been messing with my openmap-based application to make it work in a
executable jar file... It's not as easy as it might look.

The most annoying issue I've come across is related to the png files I use
to display icons: given that I can't use a simple FileInputStream in a jar
file I wrote this function: http://www.copypastecode.com/6107/
It seems to be working fine with text files, but when it comes to images it
does load open the file but then something goes wrong and I get this
message:

 *** ERROR ***
OMRasterObject.render: Attempting to draw a Image that is not ready! Image
probably wasn't available.

Any idea?
Besides I'm unable to get the icons of the pan/center panel displayed. Where
are they located?

Thanks for any hints,
Andrea