[OpenMap Users] Openmap + GPS

From: Mulone <andrea.ballatore_at_ucd.ie>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

I have a gps device and I'm able to get the coordinates from a serial port
in Java.
Now I have to set this coordinates to an object in my OM application and I
have different solutions in mind.
AFAIK the best one would be to create a separate thread polling the
coordinates in an asynchronous way.
What would you recommend from an architectural perspective?

Many thanks to Don for all his useful hints!

Mulone