RE: [OpenMap Users] GPS emulator, issue with serial port lock

From: Mulone <andrea.ballatore_at_ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:37:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, I managed to send messages to the port, but the issue is still
there... If I try to write and read the same port from 2 different
applications, it just doesn't work. Maybe I'm just going the wrong way. I
want to simulate a GPS sensor sending stuff, replacing
GPS --> (write) serial port (read) --> Application
with
GPS software simulator --> (write) virtual serial port (read) -->
Application

I undestand the cross-cable solution, but I'm working on laptops and
smartphones which don't even have one serial port. I managed to create 2
virtual serial ports, but then again I don't know how to redirect the output
of the first to the second one.
I have to bypass the physical layer in some way, but I haven't the foggiest
on how to do it.
Any hints?

Thanks for your kind answers,
Mulone