[OpenMap Users] JSplitPane in OpenMap?

From: Mulone <andrea.ballatore_at_ucd.ie>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 05:46:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

Sorry to bother you again, but I would like to make the infobrowser in my
application resizable (look at the red arrows in this snapshot:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8094/compasssnap.png ). At the moment that
panel is locked in that position. This is the code I use to create this GUI:

        mapHandler.add(mapBean);
        mapHandler.add(layerHandler);

        InformationDelegator1 id = new InformationDelegator1();
        mapHandler.add(id);

        mapHandler.add( new OSMPanMouseMode() );
        mapHandler.add(new MouseDelegator());
        ommodifications.OMToolSet omts = new ommodifications.OMToolSet();
        mapHandler.add(omts);

        // holder of tabbed panel
       InfoBrowserPanel infoBr = new InfoBrowserPanel();
       //InfoBrowserPanel extends JToolBar implements BeanContextChild,
       // BeanContextMembershipListener
        JTabbedPane jTabPane = //get a tabbed panel;
        infoBr.add(jTabPane);
       mapHandler.add( infoBr );

This layout is completely static and I’d like to update it to something more
flexible and intuitive (move the position and size of a panel by dragging
the corners, etc, move a component from left to right, etc).
For starters, I’ve tried to wrap the mapbean and the infobrowser in a split
panel with:

        JSplitPane splitPane = new JSplitPane(JSplitPane.HORIZONTAL_SPLIT, mapBean,
infoBr);
        //mapHandler.add( infoBr );
        mapHandler.add( splitPane );

The splitpane doesn’t even show up and I need something more generic.
Has openmap (or swing) something suitable for me?
Ideally I’d like to have the typical panel “view” with a list of panels to
show/hide.

Thanks for any hint,
Mulone