Re: [OpenMap Users] Issue with OMGraphicHandlerLayer

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 11:12:19 -0400

Java tooltips support multi-line html text.

If you want to draw fancy stuff or other controls, remember that Layer
is a JComponent, and you can do what you want with the paint() method -
including having some other Components that get called, too. You have
to be careful, because OpenMap layers don't call up the paint()
hierarchy, so the Layer background doesn't get rendered and obscure
layers below it. But you can create your own info widgets and display them.

- Don

Mulone wrote:
> It works! I can see the tooltips. Do they support multiline-html code?
> Actually I'd like to implement a small browser/tooltip, such as
> http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5295/tooltip.png
> Do you think I can use a JEditorPane and a few controls and display them on
> the map?
>
> Many thanks!
> Mulone
>

> Don Dietrick wrote:
>
>> If it's methods are getting called, it's active. I'd use a debugger and
>> step through where the events are going to see why your layer isn't
>> reacting. I think you are doing the right things, it's just that
>> something isn't quite flowing all the way through to the layer and I
>> can't spot the problem.
>>
>> - Don
>>
>> Mulone wrote:
>>
>>> Ok. I use this class:
>>>
>>> public class OSMPanMouseMode extends NavMouseMode
>>> {
>>> public OSMPanMouseMode()
>>> {
>>> super();
>>> super.setModeCursor( Cursor.getDefaultCursor() );