[OpenMap Users] UTMProjection and panning

From: Greg Jewell <greg17_at_jewell.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:46:22 -0400

Hello,

I am using the UTMProjection provided by OpenMap 4.6.4. I'm having a
problem with using the NavigatePanel, though. Any time I click a button to
pan in some arbitrary direction, it pans a VERY long way. For example, if I
am looking in the vicinity of Texas at a scale of 1:250,000 and I pan east,
I end up in the Atlantic Ocean between NA and SA.

I tried upgrading the openmap.jar to 4.6.5, but it still exhibits the same
behavior. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific implementation
of the NavigatePanel for the UTMProjection that I should be using? This may
be a case where I simply need to provide my own implementation, but this
seemed a little bizarre to me so I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks again for any help,
Greg Jewell