Re: [OpenMap Users] Re: Graphics object to draw

From: Tony Vasile <avasile_at_csc.com.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 11:48:36 +1100

Hi Don,
    The algorithm that you sent me which calculates the intersection point
of the line and the circle requires a distance in radians for the radius
of the circle. What I have is a fixed 20 pixel (width and height) circle
which I need to know the radius in radians to pass to the
pointAtDistanceBetweenPoints method. That is why I need to convert from
pixels to radians based on the current projection settings.

Tony Vasile
Senior Software Engineer
CSC

Level 3B, 26 Talavera Road Macquarie Park NSW 2113 Australia
GBS | p: +61 2 9034 2404 | f: +61 2 9034 2404 | avasile_at_csc.com |
www.csc.com

CSC - This is a private message. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the
mistake in delivery. Note: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not
operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose - CSC Australia Pty Limited; Registered
Office: 5B/26 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 Australia;
Incorporated in Australia. ACN: 008 476 944

Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
02/10/2009 06:59 AM

Tony Vasile <avasile_at_csc.com.au>
cc
openmap-users_at_bbn.com
Subject
Re: [OpenMap Users] Re: Graphics object to draw

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure what you mean by radians in the projected world if you
aren't talking about angles. You can't have a fixed size circle defined
with a radian-based radius. Or are you looking for an arc, or wedge?

- Don