Re: [OpenMap Users] Applet problem with latest xorg

From: Charles Cossé <ccosse_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:47:49 +0000

One more experimental result that I neglected to mention: I un-jarred the
openmap.jar file in question, copied openmap.properties to the top-level
(where the jconsole xscript says it's not being found), jarred it back up
and copied back to it's previous location(s). Yes, there are more than 1
copy on the system ... but am being careful that they are all identical.
 Quite certain that that is not the problem. Anyway, doing that resulted in
the same jconsole xscript less the "not found" part. ie it was found. But
then it died a silent death and led to the same blank gray panel without a
map. And the status bar says everything's fine.

If someone sold java insanity insurance i'd consider buying some.

Thanks again,
Charles