[OpenMap Users] ImageTileLayer and Geotiff

From: Maurice Bernards <maurice.bernards_at_42solutions.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:49:20 +0100

Hello,

We are using OpenMap to display tracks in an air situation.
As a nice feature we wanted to add more detail when zooming towards the
earth surface,
Using geotiff files.

Searching on the internet we found in the openmap mailinglist the use of the
JAIPlugin.
have multiple geotiff they will be loaded in memory.
So we wanted to do some layering like google.
We found the ScaleFilterLayer and ImageTileLayer. When we add an
ImageTileLayer to our properties file, it is not loading the geotiff image,
even when your behind the imageCutOffRatio.

ScaleFilterLayer in combination with the pluginlayer (JAIPlugin) is working
properly, only problem is every image is loaded and stays in memory.

What do we have to do to use the ImageTileLayer to load geotiff files.
In our properties file we defined:

# semi-colon separated paths to image files or directories containing images
imageTileLayer.class=com.bbn.openmap.layer.imageTile.ImageTileLayer
imageTileLayer.imageFilePath=C:\\tmp\\N052E004.tif
# optional - image cache size specifies how many images will be held in
memory for fast retrieval.
imageTileLayer.imageCacheSize=20
# optional - image cutoff scale specifies the scale that images will not
load when the projection is zoomed out from it.
imageTileLayer.imageCutoffRatio=4000000
# optional - Drawing attributes properties for image highlighting
imageTileLayer.lineWidth=2
imageTileLayer.selectColor=FFFFFF00
imageTileLayer.prettyName=Tiled Layer

Also the geotiff is not loaded in the standard openMap application. We
installed JAI and have added it to our classpath.

Thanks,

Maurice