[OpenMap Users] ShpOutputStream

From: Jeff_K <jeffrey.kuntz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 17:35:07 -0800 (PST)

Recently, I got a shapefile that I had to display in my application. The
problem that I had was that there were shapes that were of the type 23 in
the shapefile, which I do not think openmap supports. So I created a perl
script that can open up a shapefile and get the lat/lon pairs of each line
out and export that to a text file. From there I used Openmap to create
OMPoly objects out of the lat/lon pairs, add the OMPoly's to an
EsriGraphicList, and then use the ShpOutputStream class to write the a new
file out. My problem is that when I reload the new shapefile in openmap
everything appears right, except all the shapes are now polygons. So I have
the line shape that I was expecting but I now also have another line
connecting the start/end points of each line.

I am wondering if there is anyway to make sure that ShpOutputStream writes
out a PolyLine instead of a Polygon?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff