[OpenMap Users] OMArrowHead Problem

From: Chris Allport <callport_at_dtiweb.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:14:15 -0500

Hi, OpenMappers,

In our application, we make extensive use of OMLines with OMArrowHeads.

It seems that when the ratio between the length of the arrow (i.e.
distance to destination) and the zoom level hits a certain threshold,
the arrow fills the entire screen. This problem is not typically
noticeable since we operate with modest line lengths and reasonable zoom
levels. However, once in a while, we will get a very long line and the
problem appears. In tracking this down, I noticed the link between line
length and zoom. At maximum zoom in, the arrow starts exploding
somewhere around 4km.

When the arrow head is removed from the line, the problem goes away.
And finally, in the typical scenario, the arrow does not fill the screen
constantly - it will continue to flicker on and off as zooming
continues.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Chris

________________________________

Chris Allport

Software Engineer
21795 N Shangri-La Dr, Ste C
Lexington Park, MD 20653
(301) 904-5943
Fax (301) 737-8897
callport_at_dtiweb.net
www.dtiweb.net

This message may contain sensitive, proprietary and/or privileged
information. Disclosure is not authorized unless provided in writing by
Defense Technologies, Inc. If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or
take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you
have received this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your
cooperation.