Re: [OpenMap Users] LCC Projection

From: <subratkrsethi_at_bel.co.in>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 11:06:41 +0530 (IST)

Dear sir

Requirement: Conversion of GeoTIFF Map (Lat/Long WGS84) to LCC Projection
[simultaneous display lat/long and LCC coordinates in the open map viewer for loaded Geotiff map ]

convert lat/lon to LCC projection using the following methods:-

Step 1:- set projection using this method

package com.bbn.openmap.proj

public LambertConformal(LatLonPoint center, float scale, int width,
            int height, double centralMeridian, double sp_one, double sp_two,
            double reference_latitude, double falseEasting, double falseNorthing, Ellipsoid ellps) //method 1

Step 2:- given the input lat long of the Map to this method

public Point2D LLToWorld(double lat, double lon, Point2D lp) //Method 2

The return value of the above method gives easting and northing. But this output is having
500 to 1000 meter accuracy problem from the expected output.

Please reply for the following queries

a) Is this the proper procedure to implement this requirement.

b) If Yes, then how to remove the discrepancy of 500metres/600metres from the actual easting/northing.

c) If No, then I would like to know the proper procedure.

 With Regards,
 Subrat

> Hi Subrat.
>

> On May 31, 2010, at 4:54 AM, subratkrsethi_at_bel.co.in wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir,
>>
>> Thanks for your valuable suggestion
>>

>> 1.The GeoTiff Map is successfully loaded and displayed in the openmap viewer and is displaying the lat / long
>> coordinates correctly.
>>

>> 2. In The DTED map "The Equal Arc Projection" Error is not coming.
>> The layer is getting added in the layer panel, however the map is not getting
>> visible in the openmap viewer.
>
> You may have to zoom in over the area where the data is. The layer doesn't show anything if the scale is larger than
> 1:20M, because that would be too much work for the layer.
>

>> 3. I am trying to convert the lat / long coordinates of the GeoTiff map
>> to Lambert Conformal conic coordinates which requires various parameters to be entered
>> like projection height and width. I need clarification on this two parameters.
>
> height and width are the pixel dimensions of the map. OpenMap projections convert from lat/lon to pixel coordinates,
> so those parameters are needed to figure out the pixel offsets.
>
>> Is this "height and width" parameter is of the GeoTiff map (of a selected area) or of the Zone?
>> And also the "center parameter" represents center of map or something else?
>
> The center should be the center of the map being displayed.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Don
>

>> With Regards,
>>
>> Subrat

Confidentiality Notice

attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender at Bharat Electronics or support_at_bel.co.in immediately