Re: [OpenMap Users] How to change display from Lat, Lon to MGRS?

From: Brightwell, William <wbrightwell_at_mtcsc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:10:28 +0000

Nickie,

Look into the InformationDelegator... as well, look into overridding BasicCoordInfoFormatter (if using 4.6.5). It will allow you to set the coordinate info line without having to override each mouse mode, see below. Hope this helps.

public class MyCoordInfoFormatter extends BasicCoordInfoFormatter { public String createCoordinateInformationLine(int x, int y, LatLonPoint llp, Object source) {
        MGRSPoint mgrs = MGRSPoint.LLtoMGRS(llp);
        return mgrs.getMGRS(); } }

I explicitly instantiate and add mine to my map, but I am sure there is a way to do it through the openmap.properties file.

Cheers,
Adam