Re: [OpenMap Users] Clear around earth image

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 15:14:44 -0400

Um, that's not really garbage. It's infinity. The top of the image, representing 90N, is actually one point. The code is trying to find the closest pixel of the original image for that location, and it's finding it, effectively stretching that top row of pixels up to the top of the map frame.

I think you have a point, though, that the code should just use clear pixels for those areas. I've been looking at how to do that, and there doesn't seem to be a good test for it right now for those projection types (LLXY and CADRG).

- Don