[OpenMap Users] BufferedShapeLayer lineColor update Question

From: Nathaniel Conos <conos_at_cs.ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 16:36:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I am trying to implement a smooth panning feel (similar to google-earth).
I have modified the existing PanMouseMode.java file to account for
delta lat/lon projections on the mapbean by recentering during a mousedrag.

It works well when using a lower resolution .shp file (dcwpo-browse.shp), which is
sufficient for my purposes. However, when changing the layer properties on the fly,
specifically the linecolor, the panning performance severely degrades.
Currently, I modify the linecolor via the property file, which I beliebe reloads
the shape file with the updated color.

In short, it seems that when the BufferedShapeLayer is initially created,
the panning performance is fine, but as soon as the linecolor is modified,
the performance degrades. Also, when updating the fillColor, the performance seems
to not be affected.

Any thoughts/leads would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Neil