[OpenMap Users] Improve performance when dynamic layers are repainted

From: Ruben DF <rdocasalf_at_yahoo.es>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 12:07:58 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm writing you because I have a huge performance problem when I repaint several dynamic layers each 100 milliseconds.

I have static layers (which are defined in openmap.property) and dynamic layers which are defined in execution time. These dynamic layers contains a series of OMGraphics such as lines, polylines...etcetera.

The process to repaint (each 100 milliseconds) that I'm using is (after adding/modifing elements to omGraphicList):

omGraphicList = layer.prepare();
layer.setList(omGraphicList);
layer.repaint();

I don't know if I'm repainting in the best way (for example, i dont know if I could paint only the elements which have changed its location), but when I call repaint, the map goes slowly (zoom, pan...etc)

I'm using a MapBean (not BufferedMapBean), does it affect to the performance? (I have to say that I have no problem with static layers)

Anybody can help me?

Thanks in advance
Regards