Re: [OpenMap Users] DTED 0 and DTED 2 cursor information (UNCLASSIFIED)

From: Greg Jewell <greg17_at_jewell.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 13:06:53 -0400

Hello Ben,

There's a bug in the 4.6 versions of OpenMap where DTED Level 2 elevations
aren't reported properly. I encountered the same thing a few months ago.
If you have the ability to change the OpenMap source code, the fix is
literally only 1 character. In the class
com.bbn.openmap.layer.dted.DTEDFrameCache, there's a method called
getElevation(float lat, float lon). In that method, it iterates backwards
from 1 to 0. The 1 needs to be changed to 2, and the elevation will be
properly reported.

My company won't permit developers to directly change the source code of
open source projects, so the fix that I implemented was more involved.

Hope this helps,
Greg Jewell