[OpenMap Users] Map Rotation in JFrame

From: usman riaz <usman.riazz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:39:11 +0500

I have a mobile map application in which the map needs to be rotated. The
logic for rotation is as following:

a. extension of basic mapPanel as shown below

public class MMI extends *BasicMapPanel* {
public static MapBean mapBean1;

b. Overriding the paint method of basic map Panel in class MMI

*public void renderShape() {*
* repaint();*
* }*
*public void paintComponent(Graphics g) {*
* super.paintComponent(g);*
* Graphics2D g2 = (Graphics2D) g;*
* if (firstTime) {*
*
*
* Rectangle d = mapBean.getBounds();*
* int w = d.width;*
* int h = d.height;*
* at.setToIdentity();*
*
*
* at.translate(w / 2, h / 2);*
* firstTime = false;*
* }*
*
*
*
*
* Rectangle rm = mapBean.getBounds();*
* AffineTransform mapTransform = new AffineTransform();*
* mapTransform.concatenate(at);*
* mapTransform.translate(-(rm.width / 2), -(rm.height / 2));*
* g2.transform(mapTransform);*
* }*

The paint method gets called from renderShape() above. I can rotate the map
with at.rotate command and it works fine on repaint. The above is created in
openmap frame.

However, once i try to put the jframe instead of openmap frame, the repaint
does not call the paintComponent(...) above and no rotations takes place
with at.rotate.
I am using JFrame instead of openmap frame for adding GUI components with
proper layout.

I would appreciate if someone can help in this.

Thanks,
 Usman