Re: [OpenMap Users] shp to gml3.2.1 (viceversa) conversion tool

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:21:18 -0500

Hello,

If you'd like to read a shape file, I'd use the
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape.EsriGraphicList class, and use one of
the static methods getEsriGraphicList(...). That EsriGraphicList is
an OMGraphicList containing all of the objects from the shape file
(.shp), and the contents from the dbf file will be contained in a
DbfTableModel held as an attribute to the EsriGraphicList. The order
of the entries of the list and table model will be the same as the
order in the shape file. The list will contain OMGraphics describing
the geometries (OMPoint, or OMLine, or OMPoly). From there, you can
grab the coordinates from each OMGraphic to write to the GML file.