[OpenMap Users] Proper data path value for the PNGSymbolImageMaker class

From: Onstott, Carr CIV NAVSEA KPWA <carr.onstott_at_navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:01:27 -0800

I'm trying to use the PNGSymbolImageMaker class to produce MilStd2525 icons based off of the .png files that are provided as part of the milStd2525_png.jar file and have been unable to figure out the proper data path value to use to get it to read the icons directly out of the .jar file. I've exploded the contents of the jar file to a directory and set that directory as the data path and the icons loaded properly, but I can't seem to get the right data path to get them to load out of the jar file directly. Can someone help me with this? Here is the sample code I'm using:

String DATA_PATH = "/OpenMap/openmap-4.6.5/lib/milStd2525_png.jar!";
String DEFAULT_SIDC = "suzp-----------";
BasicSymbolImageMaker imageMaker = new PNGSymbolImageMaker(DATA_PATH);
ImageIcon icon = imageMaker.getIcon(DEFAULT_SIDC, ICON_DIMENSION);

The returned icon is always null. What value do I need to set for DATA_PATH for this to work?

 Carr Onstott
 ITARS Software Development Lead
 carr.onstott_at_navy.mil
 360.315.3390