[OpenMap Users] Re: Problem with OMArc

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:30:50 -0500

Hi Ruben,

My guess is that the OMArc calculations are based on a spherical model of the earth, and Geo works on an ellipsoidal model (and is more accurate). That's probably why the difference is greater as you move away from the equator, since the models diverge the same way.

I've used the Geo class to create points for an arc, which I then sent to an OMPoly for rendering.

Hope this helps,

-- Don