[OpenMap Users] UTMProjection field immutability

From: Greg Jewell <greg17_at_jewell.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:33:21 -0500

Hello,

I have a question about the implementation of UTMProjection in OM 4.6.5.
The fields zone_number, isnorthern, and ellps are set in the constructor.
These values are used in several methods of the class. However, a later
change to the center of the projection never updates these values. The
fields are private, and setCenter(LatLonPoint llp) isn't overridden. Was
this intentional, or just an oversight? Right now, every time the center
changes (through user panning or other means), I create an entirely new
UTMProjection instance and give it to the MapBean. The other option is to
subclass UTMProjection, but I'd have to essentially copy the entire class
and add an overridden setCenter method.

If this behavior was intentional, will my workarounds cause any problems?

Thanks,
Greg Jewell