[OpenMap Users] ImageTileLayer imageCutoffScale/imageCutoffRatio

From: Pete Flugstad <pete.flugstad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:22:13 -0500

Hello,

  I'm using ImageTileLayer, and I'd like to set the imageCutoffScale
value to limit the display
of some Geotiffs. However, it looks like the actual property name is
imageCutoffRatio
(java doc is incorrect).

  However, when I try and use imageCutoffRatio, it doesn't seem to be
working as I expected.
No matter how far out I zoom, my images are still being display
(eventually they end up being
a dot on the map). So maybe I'm not understanding what imageCutoffRatio is for?

  In debugging, it looks like this ratio value is getting used in
ImageTile.shouldFetchForProjection.
It's calculating the image scale and comparing that to the projection
scale. The project scale
goes up as I zoom out, but the calculated imageScale seems to go up as
the projection zooms
out as well, which is confusing to me - I would expect it to be fixed
based on the image? What
am I missing?

Thanks,
Pete