Re: [OpenMap Users] ImageTileLayer imageCutoffScale/imageCutoffRatio

From: Don Dietrick <dfdietrick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:55:22 -0400

Hi Pete,

Sorry for the mixup in the javadocs, I've fixed it.

What is your value for the ratio? By default it's 5, so if you use
the value in the javadocs (1000000 or something like that), you
probably will see the image all the time. I usually don't set a value
for that property and go with the default, and that's been working for
me, so I'm guessing that might be the problem.

The calculated image scale cutoff might vary a bit based on the
projection parameters. The ratio setting is going against what the
scale would be for the image for the current projection, and that
calculation might give out different results under different
projection conditions - the calculation being used is the one used for
calculating the zoom scale to fit a box on the current map, so it kind
of depends on the h/w of the map window, pixel spacings, and
projection type, so it's not that exact.

For better performance, you might want to use GDAL to create map tiles
(TMS format) from the GeoTIFF, and then use the MapTileLayer to
display those tiles. That's in the beta.